1845 until today – a winning tradition of over 160 years
PKF is derived from the names of William Henry Pannell, Errol Kerr and William J. Forster. The history of the origins of the network can be traced back to the year 1845 in which the first founding company was formed in Dublin.
The nucleus of the present-day network was the merger of four auditing companies to become Pannell Kerr Forster International Association on 1 January 1969:
- Pannell, Fitzpatrick & Co. (UK),
- Harris, Kerr, Forster & Co. (USA),
- Campbell, Sharp, Nash & Field (Canada) and
- Wilson, Bishop, Bowes & Craig (Australia).
At the end of the 1970s, the first German companies join the international network, in order, with competent consulting, to support clients in their activities abroad. In January 2000, the original network name is abbreviated to PKF and the network is renamed PKF International Limited.
In 2002 eight independent German auditing and tax consulting companies form PKF Pannell Kerr Forster GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft in Germany. The aim was, among other things, to harmonise the work and quality standards in order to guarantee auditing and consulting services at the highest level for the clients.
The company’s registered company name is changed to PKF Deutschland GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft in 2009. The registered head office of the network is in Hamburg.
Today the German PKF network with 8 member companies and approximately 1,300 employees, of which 360 are professionals, is represented at 27 locations. Sales of the network in 2017 amounted to approximately 137 million euros. Measured by sales and the number of professionals, PKF Deutschland is among the top ten of the auditing networks in Germany.
PKF International has 400 locations in over 150 countries. About 14,000 employees, over 1,450 of which are partners, achieve sales of about 1 billion US dollars each year.